From RCampus Wiki
Faculty groups are free websites with built-in forum for faculty groups and committees. Faculty groups can be used across multiple campus. Membership to a group is by invitation-only, meaning the owner of the group needs to invite others.
Use our faculty groups for communication, online presence, document and content sharing, collaborative assessment and coordination of time and content. See a sample at groups.rcampus.com/facgroup7
Note: Faculty Groups are independent from personal accounts. To become a member of a faculty group that you have created, you must create a personal faculty account and join the group. To build groups under your personal account, please see private groups and study groups.
[+] List of features
Our online faculty groups come with a number of features including two levels of forums for members and officers, a calendar, and a number of public, member-only, and officer-only pages.
- Online content editor
- Site skins
- Customizable site header and footer
- Custom menu
- Members list
- Tiered members-only pages
- Threaded message board / forum
- Secure contact page
- Unique web address (please see below)
- List of members
- List of officers
- Officers-only pages
- Site address at groups.facultycentral.com/your_group_name
[+] How to create a faculty group
- Go to www.RCampus.com
- Become a faculty group member.
- Enter your profile information.
- Click on your name on top of the page. (Take me there)
- Select My Site () from the side menu. (Take me there)
- Click on Activate my site.
[+] What to do next?
- Select a skin
- Create the home page
- Create site header and footer
- Invite others
- Manage members
- Specify officers
- Post a message
- Build calendar of events
- Work with tagboard