Coursework assessment with rubrics
From RCampus Wiki
Grading student coursework can be done quickly with a few clicks using iRubric.
Note: For "Educator / Teacher" account users only.
[+] Setup for grading
You will need the following setup to grade with rubrics (click on the links for more information):
- Create a class.
- Create a coursework for grading.
- If you need students to have access to the rubric and their grades, invite them to join your class.
- Follow the steps below to attach a rubric to the coursework.
[+] Attach a rubric to a coursework
- When building a coursework, attach a rubric to it (Please see How to attach a rubric).
- Students will get a copy of the rubric attached to a coursework to better understand your expectations.
- Students can also use the attached rubric to perform self-assessment (Please see How to self-evaluate).
[+] Grade using rubrics
- Open the gradebook for a class (Please see How to setup a gradebook).
- Go to the coursework to be graded.
- Click on the rubric icon () for each student.
- Click on an appropriate rubric level (i.e. cell) for each criterion or row.
- Click on save score. The score is automatically calculated and entered into the gradebook. You can change the score manually if necessary.
- Click on save to save all posted grades.
Note: Unscored rubric criteria are given zero (0) points.
Note: You must first publish the grades for your students to access their graded rubric.