Case study 7
By Dr. Julie Saam, Assistant Dean, School of Education, Indiana University Kokomo
How did iRubric help you as an administrator?
-When collecting data as an administrator sometimes it seems quite invasive to faculty. With iRubric, I was able to collect the data on the backend of the program and didn’t need to bother faculty. Faculty members did their business as usual and was not bothered for data for program review.
How did it help your instructors, including you as an instructor?
-iRubric simplified grading so much so that my time spent was literally cut in half. We decided to move to iRubric as a department to simplify data collection for program review but iRubric was so easy to use most of our faculty including me used it in all my classes for all my assignments whether data was collected for those or not.
How did it help your students?
-Student loved the immediate detailed feedback iRubric could provide.
Other Case Studies
- Case study: The Ideal Solution for a Technology Academy -Tony Dickerson, Assistant Chief Executive Academic Officer, Benjamin Banneker Charter Academy
- Case study: The Perfect Balance of Quality and Availability -Ruth Roach, PhD, English professor, El Camino College Compton Center
- Case study: The Preferred Learning Environment for Digital Natives -Heather Kaiser, 4th and 5th grade teacher, Pauline Jones Elementary School for the Arts
- Case study: The Impact of Accurate Evaluation -Deborah Breda, 4th grade teacher, Salisbury Christian School
- Case Study: Seamless Transition to a Rubric-Based Assessment Culture -Kathianne Komurek, DVM, professor and Program Coordinator of Veterinary Technology, Manor College
- Case study: Enhancing Student Technology Literacy and Engagement at Nixon-Smiley High School -Lisa Brown, FCCLA Advisor/FCS Teacher, Nixon-Smiley High School
- Testimonial: iRubric -Donna Baumbach, Professor Emerita, University of Central Florida
- Testimonial: iRubric -Dr. Julie Saam, Assistant Dean, School of Education, Indiana University Kokomo