From RCampus Wiki
- Analytical Rubric: Articulates levels of performance for each criterion.
- Criteria, Rubric Criteria: Characteristics of a performance. In a tabular rubric, criteria are generally listed in rows. Examples: Grammar, Spelling, Critical Thinking.
- Descriptors, Criteria Descriptors: Descriptors describe what is expected at each level of performance.
- Divider: A rubric divider is a special row that divides the rubric into sections. A simple divider only divides the section without changing the levels. A weighted divider is a divider that allows changing of level titles and weights for a section of the rubric.
- Holistic Rubric: Assesses performance across multiple criteria as a whole.
- Levels (of performance): Describe quality of work. In a tabular rubric, levels of performance are generally listed in columns. Examples: Poor, Fair, Good.
- Rubric (as defined in dictionaries): Looking up the word rubric in a dictionary may leave you more confused as what a rubric used in education is. The closest dictionary definition to a rubric's actual use in academia defines it as "...an authoritative rule of conduct, direction, or procedure." The word rubric is derived from the Latin word rubrika meaning red chalk. In some Christian churches, the directions of conduct in prayers are usually printed in red and are called rubrics.
- Weight: A percentage or scalar value assigned to a level or a criterion to define its scoring weight.
To start building rubrics, visit iRubric website.
Learn More About Rubrics
- Rubrics at a glance
- Rubric terminology
- Rubrics for assessment
- iRubric - Enterprise Edition
- iRubric-for-Sakai Quick Start Guide
Working with rubrics
- Building a rubric: Options for a new rubric
- Disabling a rubric: How to disable or inactivate unwanted rubrics
- Assessment with rubrics: How to assess with rubrics
- My rubrics: List of your own rubrics
- Printing a rubric: Customizing how a rubric should print
- Rubric search tool: Search for rubrics using keywords
- Sharing a rubric: Print, embed, link & showcase your rubrics
- Rubrics FAQ
- Rubrics video tutorials: List of video tutorials related to iRubric
- Copyright Permission